Are you looking for a fun and exciting winter activity that the whole family can enjoy? Look no further than snow tubing and sledding in Colorado! With its beautiful mountain landscapes and abundance of snowfall, Colorado offers some of the best snow tubing and sledding opportunities in the world. In this guide, we’ll explore some of the top snow tubing and sledding destinations in Colorado and provide tips for maximizing your family’s fun in the snow.
Best Snow Tubing and Sledding Locations in Colorado
If you’re looking for the best snow tubing and sledding locations in Colorado, you won’t be disappointed. Here are some of the top destinations to consider:
- Fraser Tubing Hill: Located just outside of Winter Park, Fraser Tubing Hill is a family-friendly destination that offers a variety of tubing lanes, including some that are specifically designed for younger children. The hill is open daily from December through early April, and tickets can be purchased on site.
- Copper Mountain Tubing Hill: Copper Mountain’s tubing hill is one of the largest in the state, with multiple lanes and a conveyor lift to take you back up the hill after each run. In addition to tubing, Copper Mountain also offers sleigh rides, ice skating, and other winter activities for families.
- Keystone Resort: Keystone’s Adventure Point offers not only tubing, but also a unique night tubing experience under the lights. The tubing hill is open from mid-December through early April, and tickets can be purchased online in advance.
- Colorado Adventure Park: Located in Fraser, Colorado Adventure Park offers both tubing and sledding, with multiple lanes and a conveyor lift to take you back up the hill. They also offer snowmobiling and snowshoeing for those looking for additional winter activities.
Tips for Maximizing Your Snow Tubing and Sledding Fun
To make the most of your snow tubing and sledding adventure in Colorado, consider these tips:
- Dress Appropriately: Be sure to wear warm, waterproof clothing, and dress in layers to ensure you can adjust for changing temperatures throughout the day.
- Arrive Early: Most tubing and sledding hills operate on a first-come, first-served basis, so arriving early can help you avoid long lines and ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy the hill.
- Follow the Rules: Be sure to follow all posted rules and regulations at the tubing and sledding hills, including age restrictions, weight limits, and other safety guidelines.
- Bring Snacks and Water: Snow tubing and sledding can be a workout, so be sure to bring snacks and water to keep yourself fueled and hydrated throughout the day.
Snow tubing and sledding in Colorado is a fun and exciting way to enjoy the winter season with your family. By visiting one of the top destinations listed above and following our tips for maximizing your fun, you’re sure to have a memorable experience in the snow. So bundle up, grab your sled or tube, and get ready for a day of family fun in the Colorado snow.